- Recipient of the 2018 Hispanic Heritage Award presented by Al Dia, Newspaper as part of their annual celebration of the history, culture and contributions of Hispanic Americans. Philadelphia, October 10, 2018
- Recipient of the Power of Woman Award, Presented by Lupe Fund. North Bergen NJ. May 3, 2018
- Recipient of the 2017 Ivy Young Willis & Martha Willis Dale Award, presented by Cabrini University, in recognition of a woman who has made a noteworthy contribution to the civic life of her community, Radnor, PA, May 3, 2017.
- Institute For Latino Studies, Illustrious Awards, “for distinguished service in education,” Rutgers University – Newark, Newark, NJ, September 24, 2016.
- Lead New Jersey, 30 Leaders for 30 years, honoree at their 30th Anniversary Gala, “celebrating individuals whose contributions through leadership have made a difference in the Garden State,” Jersey City, NJ, September, 22, 2016.
- 2016 MLK, Jr. Champions of Social Justice and Equality Award, presented by the Black Law Students Association, Rutgers University Camden, January 15, 2016.
Voorhees Citizen of the Year, presented by the Voorhees Breakfast Rotary Club, Voorhees, NJ, January 22, 2015.
Delaware Valley’s Most Influential Latinos, presented by The Delaware Valley’s Most Influential Latinos Foundation, Impacto Latin Newspaper and PHL Diversity, Philadelphia, PA, November 21, 2014.
- Hispanic Heritage Month Award Honoree Outstanding Work on Behalf of All Residents of New Jersey, presented by New Jersey General Assembly in celebration of Hispanic Heritage Month, Trenton, NJ, September 2014.
- Maria de Castro Blake Community Service Award, “in recognition of Latino Leaders who empower their communities and contribute to New Jersey’s society,” presented by Friends of the Hispanic Research and Information Center, West Orange, NJ, May 2013.
Leading Women Entrepreneurs and Business Owners, “recognizing outstanding business women in the state of New Jersey,” April 2013.
Inducted to the NJ Women’s Hall of Fame, created “to honor and recognize the accomplishments of women across all industries in New Jersey,” presented by the YWCA Trenton, NJ, March 2013.
Chancellor’s Award for Faculty-Staff Civic Engagement, “in recognition for contributions to Camden children and families through her role as founder and board chair of the LEAP Academy University Charter School,” presented by Rutgers Camden, April 2012.
Shirley Chisholm Award, the first African-American woman elected to the U.S. Congress and the first woman considered for a presidential nomination in the United States. The award “honors and recognizes women who have made magnanimous achievements in their fields,” presented by NJ Assembly Speaker, Sheila Oliver, Clifton, NJ, April 2012.
Rutgers University Human Dignity Award, presented to LEAP Academy Charter School in “recognition of its commitment to promoting education and diversity,” 2010.
Rutgers MPA Graduate Student Association/Educational Policy Concentration’s World’s Greatest Professor Award, May 2010.
LEAP Founders Award for Governance and Leadership: LEAP Academy University Charter School, Camden, NJ, 2010